PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We resolve to eat healthier...



"Crazy Sexy Kitchen"
by Kris Carr with Chef Chad Sarno

So it's seems like everyone is trying to eat healthier these days but with so many different diets/choices out there it's just really overwhelming.  Mommy in PA recently got a chance to read "Crazy Sexy Kitchen" by Kris Carr with Chef Chad Sarno and here is what she thought:

Mommy in PA:  This is not the type of recipe book you just open and start rummaging through your cabinets.  This is more than just a book, it is more like a lifestyle change.  I wasn't really sure what I was getting into when I requested this for review but I am really excited about trying out some of the recipes but will need to try to get everyone else in my household on board so that I'm not blowing the grocery budget on food items that only I will eat. 

I love, love, love how this book is organized.  It not only has your typical recipe book chapters such as soups and stews, sandwiches and wraps, main events, and sexy sides but also has chapters such as crazy sexy staples, the dirty dozen, and the clean fifteen. 

There is a lot of really good reading at the beginning of the book about all the health benefits of eating a more veggie based meal plan.  I also love the chapter called "My Inspiration".  It is all about how Kris's grandmother and mother were the ones who inspired her and her love for making special dishes.  Her grandmother had started her own bistro with a renovated trolley car and her own craftsmanship. 

The recipes in the book range from super easy so even the novice can do them to the more complex.  With 150 recipes there is surely something for everyone.  So if you are at all interested in trying to eat healthier this year then this may be the book for you. 

Disclaimer:  I received the above book for free from Hayhouse, Inc.  but all opinions are my own.





No comments: