PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Directing Your Destiny

disclaimer:  I received the book below for free from Hay House, Inc. in return for my honest opinions.  All opinions remain my own.
 
"Directing Your Destiny:  How to Become the Writer, Producer, and Director of Your Dreams"
by Jennifer Grace
 
 
 
  We've all done it...daydreamed about what it would be like to have the house of our dreams, the job of our dreams, the life of our dreams.  Well what if you could play a major part in making your dreams a reality.  Well that is exactly what this book is about. 
 
  Jennifer Grace was at one time a SAG actress, a screenwriter, and a filmmaker.  She takes her experiences in those fields and makes it into a very unique way of looking at positive thinking.  Week 1 is about how to become the writer of your dreams (this is where the daydreaming comes in), week 2 and 3 is about how to become the producer of your dreams (setting intentions- this one I will talk about below because it is my favorite so far), and week 4 is about becoming the director of your dreams (what can I do to help this along). 
 
  This isn't just a story of how one person made their dreams come true.  This is a literal step by step guide to help you make it happen.  Each chapter is devoted to a few different techniques that you slowly integrate into your daily routine.  She takes you through baby steps so that it isn't too overwhelming and she even explains the importance of each of your tasks. 
 
  I love how at the end of every chapter there is a review of what you are to be doing each day.  This makes it super easy to just flip to those pages and make sure you didn't forget anything.  I will admit that I have not mastered doing all of the things everyday yet but am working on it.  It does take a little bit of time (but who doesn't have an extra 30 minutes or so if it means having what you want in life?). 
 
  Now above I mentioned how I would talk more about my favorite part of the book.  Well my favorite part is the setting intentions section.  Intentions are things that you want to make happen (ex: job of your dreams, home of your dreams, great health, etc.).  She later has you make up six note cards with your intentions/affirmations on them.  Here is an example I used "I am proud to see my photograph published", notice the wording has emotion involved.  She explains all of this in great detail about how you really have to feel the way you will feel when you get what you want.  Well about two weeks after I wrote up my cards I received an email from a bank that I had emailed some outdoor photos to.  They had chosen one of my photos for their calendar's honorable mentions page.  I have entered photos in contests like that before with no response so I like to think that my affirmation helped me out here. 
 
  I know I will read this book over and over, adding things to my daily routine to keep the positive energy flowing.  I also love how the author refers you to other sources of information.  There is a movie mentioned in one of the first sections.  Needless to say, my daughter and I found the movie on Netflix and watched it that evening.  This book is very inspirational and motivating!
 
To find out more or get a copy of your own you can head over to Amazon or Hay House.

 

 


No comments: