PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Storytime Sunday (Book Reviews)

All I See Are Stripes

By: Teresa White
All I See Are Stripes

 


This weeks storytime Sunday is called "All I See Are Stripes"

Written By:Teresa White And Illustrated by: Olivia White and Andrew Lovell.

This book can be purchased from Dorrance Publishing Co by following this link here!!

 

Mommy in Ga says:  I read this story to my 3 youngest children and the little girl i baby-sit the other day and told them to pay attention because i wanted them to tell me what they thought of the story too!!  My 6 year old actually picked this book out.

This story is to teach children about not being afraid of people that are different than yourself.....to quote my 7 year old daughter "It doesn't matter how you look on the outside, It matters how you are on the inside."   (yes i am one proud momma!!!)

The story is about a horse named misty who lives on a farm, in the words of every child we know, she was BORED!!  She did the same things everyday.  She has seen many different kinds of horses since living on the farm but, one day a very different "horse" came to live on the farm with them.  This "horse" was different because he had striped and Misty did not know what to think about that.  Zack ate, walked and ran the same as her (sometimes a little different than her) but, when he talked she could not understand him, the way he looked and talked were different than her and so this made her nervous.  

Misty spent so much time worrying that his stripes were contagious and wondering why he couldn't just talk like her that it took her a long time to really get to know him....he is not a horse at all.........he is a Zebra!!!

This is a well worded book to teach your children that being different is not a bad thing and i loved the illustration as well....Our family enjoyed and i think y'all will too!!!

 

the 9 year old girl i baby-sit said:  That was a pretty awesome book!

My 7 year old daughter said:  I t was like super awesome and it teaches you good lessons.......she mostly liked when misty learned that it was not nice to judge people.  the thing she liked least about this book was When she judged the zebra in the beginning.

My 6 year old daughter said:  Good...(she gave me the thumbs up lol)  her favorite part was seeing the picture of the farm that misty lives on.  Her least favorite part was that sometimes misty was mean

My 2 year old said: Well he did not say much, but he really enjoyed the drawn illustration in the book!!


This book was provided to me for free by dorrance publishing co in exchange for my review, which was only written by the opinions of myself and the kids!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stories with a lesson are awesome for kids to hear on a consistant basis and this sounds like a great lesson to be learned. Great review!