PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Friday, April 28, 2017

Beanitos

disclaimer:  We received the following products for free in exchange for our honest opinions.  All opinions remain our own.

Beanitos




  So since we are on the subject of Earth Day this week and about what products we can use to help keep the planet healthier, we decided it would also be a good time to mention a brand that will help keep us healthier too...Beanitos.

  Beanitos aren't just a regualar chip.  Beanitos are just what they sound like they are...Bean chips (and crunch).  I just had to quote their site here  "Every Beanitos snack is a lean bean PROTEIN machine, packed with rich, delicious flavor and amazing wholesome goodies like FIBER and ANTIOXIDANTS. With all this tasty goodness, it may be hard to chew with such a big smile."  #vivalabean

  Each serving of Beanitos boasts 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.  They are free of MSG, gluten, sugar, artificial colors, cholesterol, preservatives, artificial flavors, trans fat, corn, and GMO's.  

  With such a large variety of flavors there is sure to be a flavor for everyone.  Beanitos was kind enough to send us each a variety of flavors and here are our thoughts:

  Mommy in GA:

The Original- These smell like roasted beans, I like the saltiness, definitely a different texture than a regular tortilla chip, not bad plain, very good with salsa.  I really liked this one especially with the salsa.

Honey Chipolte BBQ- Smell is pleasant, the bbq is stronger, good amount of seasonings, very barbequey, kind of wish the flavor was a little stronger.  I am not a huge fan of BBQ chips so I was surprised that I liked these.

Restaurant Style- I am going to assume that these were pretty good as I never even got my hands on the bag, the kiddos devoured the whole thing without me : (

Nacho Cheese- I just didn't like these, maybe my expectations were a little too high due to my love for Doritos, my taste buds were slightly disappointed.

Hint of Lime- The kids must have liked these too as I also never go to try one.

Garden Fresh Salsa- The smell isn't really that strong like I had expected, first bite these seem a little plain, I did taste a hint of sweet and salty, not great but is ok, don't care for them plain.  These were better with salsa but still not my favorite.  

Sweet Chili & Sour Cream- These smell ok but I really expected a stronger smell, I really like these, just enough sweet chili and hint of sour cream to even it out, not too spicy and not too sweet.  These are my favorite!!!  No salsa required : )  

and Mac N' Cheese Crunch- Here is the third product that went MIA during this product testing, I really wish I could have tried these as cheese curls are one of my favorites.

(Note:  Mommy in GA does have five kids so occasionally a product or three, especially food, can mysteriously go missing.  We apologize for the inconvenience : ) )



  Mommy in PA: 

The Original- Honestly these taste like Triscuits, I was a little worried to try these but was pleasantly surprised.  I hate using another brand in my review but that is honestly the best way I can describe them.  I think these would be delicious with some kind of queso : )

Honey Chipolte BBQ- The flavor of these is really good, kind of addictive actually.  This could easily take the place of my regular bbq potato chips : )

Restaurant Style-  These are delicious, especially with salsa.  You won't even be able to tell you are eating a bean chip, these taste almost like a tortilla chip, nice saltiness, just a little easier to chew : )  These were my favorite for dipping.

Nacho Cheese-  My daughter and I liked these ones.  Nice strong cheese flavor.  Not exactly like the other brands but that's ok cause they were still tasty : )

Hint of Lime- These were definitely my least favorite.  I am not a fan of lime on chips I guess, maybe these would be good with a complimenting salsa???  

Garden Fresh Salsa-  These were also delicious with salsa.  I also liked these ones plain, great tomato flavor.  My daughter tried one but didn't like it because she doesn't like tomatoes...oh well, her loss : )

Sweet Chili & Sour Cream- Ok so I thought I liked these the second I put one in my mouth...but just that quick my tongue said no way, this is just not my kind of flavor I guess : (

and Mac N' Cheese Crunch- Not too bad but I just couldn't get past the texture difference.  My husband agreed, tasted ok, texture...nope : (

Oh and a little side note from both of us...we love the packaging, bright colors are our friend : )

No comments: