PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Shutterfly.com = Great Customer Service!

disclaimer:  I received nothing in exchange for this post.  I am just writing to inform our readers of a company going above and beyond.
 
Shutterfly.com's great customer service
 
  Ok, so I know that this isn't our typical type of post but something happened to me recently that made me want to spread the word about some great customer service. 
 
  I had received a promotional code from a website for $20 off my purchase from Shutterfly.com so I decided to use the credit towards making my son some special valentines for his classmates.  We had done this before and they always get rave reviews : )  Well I ordered the valentines so that they would be here in plenty of time for the party and eagerly awaited their arrival. 
 
  A little over a week before my son's Valentine's Day party I wandered out to the mailbox and there inside was my Shutterfly.com order with a plastic sleeve wrapped around their normal cardboard mailer.  I saw right away that it was wrapped up by the post office and hurried inside to see what was wrong.  I practically cried as I opened the packaging and realized that my son's valentines had become mutilated, dirty, and not all there (about half of them were totally missing).  Of course, the envelopes were all ok...LOL.
 
  Well after my initial shock of thinking I'd have to send my son to school with regular store-bought valentines, I called the number that the post office had included in the package about who to contact regarding missing merchandise, etc.  Well that in itself was another disappointment, I didn't get to speak to anyone and found out I needed to know if the package had insurance on it before I could even proceed.
 
  Not knowing if Shutterfly.com has insurance on their packages or not I decided to contact customer service.  I just figured I'd maybe get my money back eventually after they were able to file the insurance claim through the postal service.  But lo and behold they took action...a woman contacted me the next day wanting to confirm my order number so that they could get a new shipment sent out to me and that yes, even though it was only a few days until my son's party that they would make it to me by the day before.  Amazing! 
 
  And guess what?  They did! 
 
  Moral of the story:  There are a lot of great companies out there that are focused on making sure that their customers are happy...and Shutterfly.com is one of those companies : )  Thanks Shutterfly.com!!!!

No comments: