PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spa Time Saturday (a few days late) - Mama Mio Skincare

Mama Mio Skincare
Disclaimer:  We each received one of the OMG mini kits in exchange for our honest opinions.  All opinions remain our own.

So who better to create a skin care line for women than women right?  Well that's what Mama Mio is based on.  Four women with 20+ years of beauty experience and 9 children between the four of them they set out on a mission to solve women's skin care issues.  They have created products for every woman in every stage of her life (pregnancy, first signs of aging, weight loss, cellulite, dry skin, etc.).

The Mama Mio skin care products are also free of all the "Nasties" as they call them.  Some examples of "Nasties" that you will not find in these products are petrolatum, parabens, SLS, xenoestrogens, pthlalates, synthetic fragrances, or artificial colourants. 

Mama Mio also works with a charity called Look Good... Feel Better.  This charity is all about going into cancer centers and helping women who are going through cancer treatments Look Good (helping them learn how to wear a wig, and use makeup and skincare products) so that they can Feel Better.

Mama Mio sells a huge assortment of products for your skin for every stage of your life.  They have products that are for your face, for your body,  and for pregnancy.  To find out what products would be best for you use the handy "help me choose" option.  Oh, and if you happen to notice that the prices seem a little steep, just realize that they are using the best ingredients in the largest amounts recommended to get the best results : ) 

We could just go on and on about all of the products we thought about trying before we settled on the mini kits to get our readers a better idea of what the products are like...but we don't have time for all that...so now on with the review...


Mommy in GA and Mommy in PA each received an OMG Feel Good Mini Kit for this review.  The Kits contained the following products:

OMega Wonder-Full Balm (0.28 fl.oz.)  This is for your dry areas, chapped lips, rough skin on your feet, etc.  Comes in a cute little plastic container that you can keep in your purse or pocket.

Boob Tube Bust & Neck Firmer (1 fl.oz.)  This is to be applied daily from your chin to below your boobs.  It is made to help keep the skin on your neck, chest, and bust looking firmer, fitter, and more glowing.

OMega Super-Rich Body Cream (1.7 fl.oz.)  This is for use daily all over to keep your skin soft and smelling great. 

Omega Body Buff (1.7 fl.oz.)  Has micro-ground pumice for a really good exfoliation.  Just rub into your skin before you hop in the shower.

OMega Shower Cream (1.7 fl.oz.)  This is a low-lather formula.  Could use in the bath to make creamy bubbles.

And here are our thoughts on the products:

Mommy in Ga says:the OMega Wonder-Full balm is awesome!! I used this on my dry chapped lips, also on the rough patches on my heels (we have had the discussion about my horribly dry heels and inability to make myself wear anything but flip flops or my most current love of my OOfos!!) It is not the shoes fault my heals just can't take the overexposure!!) The Wonder-Full balm helped that area to be a much smoother and less irritating patch of skin!

The Boob Tube Bust and Neck Firmer well, I just want to say if you have had children, gotten older or gravity has just been  plain mean or 2 or 3 of the combinations.......If you tell me that you are not curious about this product, I will call you a LIAR lol!!  This product was applied to the mentioned areas but, I did not get to the full 7 days as I can hardly remember my name some days!
I got to day 4 and I am pretty sure it was starting to work it's magic on these sad and tired boobs who have aged, gravity was cruel and went through 4 pregnancies!  It is not a hard routine to follow but, I get easily side tracked.  I think that this is a great product and I would invest in it had I not received the free trial.

Omega Body Buff was my absolute favorite product!  I used this and let it sit 5 minutes, you can use it on every part or your problem areas, I applied this from my knee to my toes and let it sit while doing other chores such as plucking my eyebrows or whatever it may be that needed done.  After the 5 minutes you just get in the shower and rinse, another fun trick with this is if you exfoliate your face you can scrub this on your face and 10 seconds later you will have a fresher feeling and looking face :)

OMega Shower Cream was the next step in my routine, I used this and it smells good too, it left my skin feeling a little silkier and a little cleaner than some of the other products on the market, I only wish it lathered a little more because there is nothing like a good lather in you shower cream!

OMega Super-Rich Body Cream is the last step in the routine,  it has a great texture and when used right after the OMega Shower Cream and the Omega Body Buff you get an even better result than if used alone, BUT do not mistake my advice for saying it is not good by itself, because it is!!!




Mommy in PA:   I've never been much for sticking to a beauty routine but Mama Mio's OMG Mini Kit comes in great packaging with everything in one box.  The only thing I didn't care for about the packaging was the plastic tray was hard to get the products out of sometimes, which was a very minor issue.  Now onto the products...

I loved the OMega Body Buff, rub it on and rinse it off, you can't get much easier than that, and it left my skin super smooth. 
The OMega Shower Cream was ok but I prefer a good lather and this is a low-lather formula so not really my thing.  My husband didn't care for the scent of this but I thought it was nice. 
The OMega super-rich Body Cream was wonderful.  I love how it absorbed into my skin right away instead of leaving that nasty oily feel like a lot of the other brands do.  There's nothing I hate more than having fuzzies sticking to my legs after I apply lotion. 
The Boob Tube I think takes a little longer to find out if it is really working.  I know it was doing something though because it made my skin feel tingly, just haven't noticed much of a difference. 
The OMega Wonder-full Balm was also another great product.  It went on a little oily at first and I wondered how I could stand having that on my skin and then next thing I knew it was absorbed in and I couldn't even see where I had applied it.  And it too left my skin nice and soft.




No comments: