PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Storytime Sunday Part 1

Disclaimer: I did receive a free copy of this book from Hay House inc in exchange for a review, all opinions are my own.



A Tenzing Norbu Mystery
Written by: Gay Hendricks and Tinker Lindsay



I would just like to start by telling you that I LOVE a good mystery or drama!!  I looked at the description of this book and it sounded okay but, I was not totally sure I was going to be able to get into it!  I love to read and I will give almost anything a chance so, that is how I ended up with the book in front of me!


I am going to give you some of the brief details ( I don't wan to ruin the good parts for those of you who are excited about purchasing!!) It Starts out by telling you a little bit a bout Tenzing Norbu, who prefers to go by the name Ten, he is a Robbery/homicide detective but his career is a long way from where he started!

Ten grew up in a monastery for monks, He was a practicing monk (one who broke the rules) when he decided that he was not fulfilling his desires career wise, He moved to Topanga Canyon, California from Dharamshala, India to teach meditation. Instead of teaching meditation he chose to follow his dream of becoming a modern day Sherlock Holmes.  He had put some rules back into his life (his own rules, not the ones he learned in the monastery)Rule number 1 being:"Don't Ignore Intuitive Tickles Lest They Reappear As Sledgehammers" So with the briefing he is a ex-monk, soon to be ex-cop, and lands his first gig as a private detective!

In this book you will find a lot of action, some drama, a little romance and a lot of friendship.  It was a great book! I found myself laughing and crying right along with the story line and knowing that it is a series I could not wait to read   The Second Rule Of Ten (which I have finished reading and will do a review as part 2!!!) 

So I read 1 and 2 and I am hoping that I will be able to get my hands (and eyes!!!) on the rest of the series because now that I started reading I can not wait to see how it ends!!!!

I hope this was helpful and makes you want to go out and buy these books, I personally think they were great so far!! That is saying a lot because if you recall the beginning of my post I was A skeptic :)

Please take a moment to check out the links I provided in the post and the short video below to get a little extra info!!











No comments: