PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes

disclaimer:  We received the following product in exchange for our honest opinions.  All opinions remain our own.


 
Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes
 
  This isn't your ordinary potato.  These potatoes actually have a mild nutty flavor.  It isn't a russet or a red potato but it's own special varietal.  Starting out pink when raw it turns to a golden brown with a yellow fluffy flesh.  It can be used for baking, mashing, boiling, roasting, or frying making it a very versatile potato. 
 
  Previously a product of the UK for the past 65 years, they are now being sold in the US at select WalMart locations.  Pricing is $2.97/2.2lb. bag and $3.97/4.4lb. bag.
 
  Another thing that sets these Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes apart from other potatoes is that each bag sold has the name of the farmer who grew the potatoes. 
 
 
  Mommy in PA:  I really didn't expect these to be that much different than a red potato but boy was I wrong LOL!  My daughter and I decided that since we were the only ones who wanted to try them in our house that we would make a batch of baked potatoes since nobody else here likes baked potatoes.  They baked in the same amount of time as our regular potatoes and the insides are a very pretty yellow color. 
 
  I tried a bite without anything on it and was amazed at how delicious they were plain.  My daughter and I both agreed that you can definitely taste the nuttiness.  My daughter said they tasted like peanuts to her : )  Even though they have a noticeable nutty flavor they still tasted great with butter, ranch dressing, and onions. 
 
  I will be looking at WalMart for these as I'd love to try a batch of mashed potatoes as well.  These would make a unique offering at any family get together as I'm sure most folks have never tried them. 
 
  I love the fact that they put the farmer's name on each bag because it really makes you think about where your food actually comes from.  I think more produce needs to be marked this way : ) 
 
For more information you can head over to their website found here.

No comments: