PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - "LooneySpoons" Review

"LooneySpoons" Book Review


disclaimer: I received this book from Hay House Inc. in exchange for as honest review and all opinions are my own.

Mommy in Ga says:
I am a mom of 4 so I am always looking for new ways to shed a few pounds!!  The baby will be 4 in may and I swear people only accept "It's from my pregnancy" as an excuse for so long!!

I saw this book in the Hay House Book Nook and thought it looked like a fun and easy solution to the problem I have!  There are tons of recipes and they all have really fun names.  I was trying to think of ways to tie Easter into this post and ran across:

Deviled in Disguise (your not so traditional deviled egg)
and
Shanks for the Memory (old-fashioned, smokey ham and split pea soup)

thinking they would tie in to Easter nicely for the mere fact you can use your leftover ham and boiled eggs to do these!

These are only 2 of the 325+ ("I can't believe these are healthy") recipes in this book and I just want to tell yall, almost all of them sound delicious and the motto the authors, Janet and Greta Podleski, is "Lick your Lips and Shrink your hips!" 

This cook book covers your:
appetizers (get appy)
Salads (Become a beleafer)
Soups (Ladle Gaga)
Vegetarian (Eats Without Meats)
Pasta (When Ya Hasta have Pasta)
Chicken (Chicken Worth Pickin)
Your Fish ( A fine Kettle Of Fish)
Beef and Pork  ( It's a Meat Market)
Ground Meat (Ground Keepers)
Sides (The Bright Sides)
and of course you have to have:
Sweets (Bring Home The Bakin')

These are just a few of the fun Play on words' that they do, I was reading some of these titles and actually laughed out loud.

The recipes taste good, are good for you and best of all, help you keep an eye on your figure without losing the flavor!!!

Hope you will keep this cookbook in mind when you are in need of a new one!!
Also you can check out the Janet and Greta website here for more recipes and info. ! 

disclaimer: I received this book from Hay House Inc. in exchange for as honest review and all opinions are my own.






No comments: