PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Make it yourself plant growth spray

 
  Here's a simple recipe that if sprayed on your plants every 5-7 days is supposed to make them grow a lot.  I will be posting next week with the outcome of this experiment.
 
 
Start with one gallon of water ( I just used my mop bucket because of the ammonia in step two, didn't want to use anything we'd be eating/drinking out of). 
 
 
Next add 1/2 tsp. Epsom salt (found in the health section) and 1 tsp. Ammonia (found in the cleaning section) to your gallon of water and stir it up.  note:  I was able to purchase these products for under $3 at WalMart. 
 
 
Fill up a spray bottle with the mixture (use a brand new spray bottle so as not to end up with any chemical reactions).  Then spray your plants with the mixture (we sprayed it on everything but it may only be for peppers and tomatoes).  Just wait until next week's update and we'll let you know if it did anything negative to the other plants. 
 

Here are the before pictures of my tomato and pepper plants.  I (mommy in PA) will take pictures again next week and measure the amount of growth : )  I received this version of the recipe from a friend a few years ago but never tried it out until another friend of mine said she tried water and just the Epsom salts and got great results...so we shall see.  I believe the ammonia may just be to keep critters from eating the plants.
 
If anyone else decides to try this out please comment below to let us know how it went.

No comments: