PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Schwan's Home Delivery Service + discount codes!

disclaimer:  We received a gift card from USFamilyGuide.com in exchange for our honest opinions about the service.  All opinions remain our own.
Schwan's Home Delivery Service
  Back in August we had posted some information and a discount for our readers from Schwan's home delivery service.  You can see that post here.  Well in exchange for that post we were issued a gift card so that we could actually try out the service and let ya'll know what we thought.  Well due to some technical issues we just recently received the gift card. 
 
 
  Gift card in hand, we excitedly started browsing Schwan's website.  We had to split the gift card so we each carefully decided what we wanted to buy and proceeded to attempt checking out mommy in GA's cart first...that's when we hit a snag.  Mommy in GA (even though she lives in a much larger suburb area - compared to mommy in PA's rural setting) was unable to get home delivery via truck at her address which would have cost her almost $15 in shipping...which was over half of her share of the gift card : ( 
 
 
  Mommy in GA decided to just let mommy in PA use the gift card since shipping via truck to her house was going to be less than $2.  Thanks mommy in GA!!!
 
 
 
 
  Mommy in GA: My grandparents' (Mommy in Pa's parents) ALWAYS had Schwan's ice cream cups or other Schwan's ice creams to choose from so this post was a fun chance and brought up some GREAT memories!!!
We were so excited about the Schwan's post only to be super bummed about the shipping costing more than my half of the gift card :(
 

That being said the have a HUGE selection to choose from now at pretty decent prices....If only they were in Ga!!

  Mommy in PA:  My parent's used to order stuff from the Schwan's guy all the time.  I think we tried about every ice cream flavor there was.  I didn't really recall them having such a wide variety of other foods before but that could also just be because I was a kid at the time and all I cared about was the ice cream : )
 
 
 
  I had a really hard time deciding what to try but ended up ordering a package of the Chicken Cordon Bleu, a package of the Seasoned Stuffed Chicken Breast, and a box of the Chocolate Sundae Crunch Bars.  I was able to use a special coupon they had going on for $2 off 2 of the Stuffed Chicken and a $5/$25 discount offer which made my total with delivery and everything only $23.22. 
 
 
 
  Signing up for my account online was super easy and I was impressed by all of the payment options.  You can even order online in advance and pay cash when it shows up : )  I was also impressed at the speed of my delivery (I kinda lucked out I guess).  I placed my order on 10/8 and it showed up on my account that it would be delivered on 10/9 between 11AM-1PM.  
 
 
  The next day at noon the Schwan's guy (Nate) pulled up in front of my house.  In the meantime, I had decided that I would really like some of the vanilla with fudge swirl ice cream cups, so I decided it was worth asking...and he had them in stock on the truck : )  He was very nice and even explained how I would even earn points for my ice cream cup purchase since I had already signed up online.  He had handed me their catalog which has the next delivery date on it and explained how as long as I placed my order by 11 PM the night before that my stuff would be on the truck (how awesome is that?!?!). 
 
 
  I also learned that you don't even have to be home when they deliver your food.  They actually have the option for you to buy a reusable freezer bag for under $5 that you can have the driver place your food in. 
 
 
  So now onto the food likeability test...everyone agreed that the ice cream cups and the sundae bars were delicious.  I made the stuffed chicken breasts for dinner one night and even my daughter who does not like broccoli had some of the ones that I had gotten for myself.  She said they weren't bad but that they use too much broccoli, I on the other hand think they were delicious except I wish that they had a crunchier coating on the outside (more like the Cordon Bleu ones).  My husband had the Cordon Bleu ones and he said they were just as good as any other ones he's tried. 
 
 
  To summarize, great selection of products, reasonable prices, you can't beat the home delivery (if available in your area), and the food was tasty.  We will definitely be ordering again soon!
 
 
  Here are some discount codes for our readers so that they too can try out Schwan's Home Delivery Service:
$  5 off $25 Order: JULIEN2
$10 off $50 Order: JULIEN2
$15 off $75 Order: JULIEN15

No comments: