PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

disclaimer: I received nothing for this post but did find the general idea at www.pinterest.com




Hair Accessory Organization

If yall are anything like me (mommy in Ga) You walk in your bathroom (my 3 girls share one with their little brother) and you get SO tired of finding ponytails, earrings, Bobbi pins, headbands, hairbrushes etc... ALL over your bathroom, or shoved in a drawer that won't close!!!! That is where I am and I know with 3 it is only going to get worse as they get older!  So, I was on pinterest and came across this link : and saw these

love this denim organizer with pockets for camp, hanging off of bunkbeds, etc.

and I thought to myself: THAT is my solution and I have all of the stuff here and do not have to buy a thing!!!  It took a few days (20 minutes here and there between the craziness of house cleaning and tending to the little ones!)  So: I will post a pic and below that tell you how easy it was!!



I had these old jeans laying around the house (holes in the knees and a little rough looking!) and the little pockets I made by cutting up a skirt that got too small for the girls' but, they ALL loved it when it fit them!  I sewed the pockets to fit the hair straightener and ponytails, hairbrush and clips etc..  I used the existing pockets to hold the Bobbi pins and the tie around the waist can hold your headbands :)  Along the side of the jeans I took the lacey hem from the skirt and sewed it down the side and that is where we keep our earrings that are forever going missing or being left on counter tops or desks and so on!  Very cheap and not very time consuming to make, and also my friend Dawn at check it out with dawn , pointed out it would have been easier and faster to use a GLUE GUN!!!!!  Think mommy in Ga think!!! LOL.
I hope this was helpful and that some of you will try it out, if you do PLEASE feel free to post a pic or tell us how it helped out!!!

No comments: