PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Chris Mann "Roads"

Chris Mann Roads Album


Mommy in PA says:  I was super excited when I got the email that I had been chosen to preview the Chris Mann Roads Album from One2One Network.  I am always looking for new tunes to listen to but usually have a hard time finding music that I really enjoy.  This was not the case with the Roads album. 


For those of you who aren't familiar with Chris Mann, about a year ago Chris was competing on The Voice and now he is releasing his major label debut.  A pretty amazing feat for the singer who likes to mix classical music with other genres to create a unique style all his own.

The Roads album is comprised of the following songs: 
"Roads" (produced by Keith Thomas)  This is the song that really makes you understand what the whole album is about.
"I Need You Now" (his version of Lady Antebellum's song)
"Cuore"  (Chris co-wrote this one based on Bach's "Air on a G String")
"The Blower's Daughter"  (Chris sings with Christina Aguilera)
"My Way"  (Paul Anka reworked this for Chris so that instead of it being about a man looking back on his life it was a young man looking hopefully ahead)
"Unless You Mean it" 
"Always on My Mind"  (Made famous by Willie Nelson)
"On a Night Like This" 
"Ave Maria" 
"Falling"  (Chris co-wrote this one)
"Viva La Vida"  (A widescreen take on Coldplay's anthem)

To get a preview of the songs you can go here.

After listening to each of these songs over and over this weekend here is what I thought:  Chris has a voice that really gets to you.  I know a song is good when it can give you chills.  Needless to say most of these were in that category.   I typically don't care for remakes of songs but his were beautiful.  He really puts his own unique spin on everything he sings.  Another thing I really liked is that my children even liked listening to his music.  I listen to a bit of everything but normally my family doesn't listen to anything even close to classical except close to Christmas time (this will be a great exception).  I love how he puts so much emotion into his songs, you can really feel what he has been through. 

  The album is being released on 10/30.  You can order the album through Itunes or Amazon.  And to find out more about Chris you can check out chrismannmusic.com.

Disclaimer:  I received the above album for free from One2One Network.  I am also being entered into a drawing for posting my review of the album.  All opinions in the above post are my own.


1 comment:

Unknown said...


Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

pittsburgh spa