PLEASE Vote for Us!!!!!!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Storytime Sunday...On Monday

"Grandma's Back to Basics All Natural More Than Just a Cookbook"

by Teresa Thompson


This really isn't just your regular cookbook.  The author created this book due to having a lot of allergies and trying to narrow down what things she could eat without having to worry about a terrible reaction.

This cook book basically takes you back to good healthy home cooking.  This isn't just for folks with allergies but also for anyone looking for simpler recipes like our grandparent's used to eat and avoiding eating a lot of processed foods. 

The book is well organized by categories.  There is sections on appetizers, beverages, breads, breakfast, desserts, sandwiches/soups, sauces/dressings/marinate sauces, vegetables, and main dishes.

I also like how the author puts neat little tips and tricks with some of the recipes.  This is very helpful information. 

I can't wait to try a lot of these recipes.  Nothing looks too complicated like some of the other cookbooks I own. 

Something I noticed right away when looking through the recipes was that instead of just putting "water" the author suggests you use "filtered water", this is something I never would have even thought about before.  This really makes me wonder what other simple things could be done for others with allergies to avoid some of their reactions.

If you have any friends or family members who have allergies this would make a really great gift idea.

You can purchase your own copy of this book by going here.

Disclaimer:  I received the above book from Dorrance Publishing CO. Inc. in exchange for my review.  But all  opinions remain my own.


No comments: